Pages

Sunday 20 June 2010

Battersea Car Boot, the teabag jar saga


This unassuming teabag jar broke my heart a little bit today on my first visit to the Battersea Car Boot

I found out about this South London gem of a car boot sale online earlier this week. The more I heard about it the more I knew it wasn't to be missed...it didn't let me down.
This incredibly (and excitingly) busy sale is on every Sunday. About 100 sellers open from 11.30am (£5 entry, dropping to 50p past 1.30pm) with tables packed full of proper car boot goodies.

I was very pleased to see selections of plants, second hand clothes, jewellery and of course homewares (I'll get back to them fear not) rather than the knock off DVDs, designer clothes and dubious smellies that you now expect to find (if you are looking for these can I faithfully recommend Vauxhall car boot?)
Anyway the homeware on show at the Battersea car boot was as varied and eclectic as I'd hoped. The stalls sold everything from glassware of all shapes, sizes and shades to vintage bar furniture complete with all the suitably floppish beverage accessories.

The above and below images show my favourite stall that even carried full length pews and random artificial hands...

The tea bag jar heartbreak came from one of my other top vintage interiors stalls of the day. The geometric patterned Denby jar caught my eye - I think its lower case font sealed the deal plus I *actually* do need one...But it seemed overpriced to my eagle-eyed boy, but had been sold, sold, sold by the time I convinced the boy that I really did need it. Bah. Lesson of the day? Next time I'll come solo

No comments:

Post a Comment